How to Create the Perfect Cinco De Mayo Celebration
With Cinco De Mayo around the corner and the days getting longer and warmer one thing is for sure... it’s time to enjoy life! Inspired by the sight of fresh blooms, green grass, and bright skies, this time of year is the perfect time for entertaining. With everything being full of life, we were motivated to plan a Cinco De Mayo Inspired gathering. For the Cinco De Mayo, lovers are sure to read on for simple tips you can consider when hosting a fun filled celebration.
The Little Details
It’s funny how women seem always to notice and admire the little details; it’s in our DNA. And I don’t know about you but we love pretty things and for this particular soiree, was inspired by pretty bright pops of color and mexican themed decor! To bring our Cinco de Mayo party to life, we sprinkled cactus patio candles, vibrant signage and mexican blankets on each chair to add the perfect touch in upleveling the party (especially useful for when the sun goes down for your guests). Lastly, don’t forget about a little music in the background to help set the tone of your fiesta. Playing the Mexican party playlist on Spotify is a great option that you could easily stream throughout the event.
When life gives you lemons slice them up and find some tequila … when it comes to a Cinco de Mayo celebration tequila and mezcal are obviously in order and one the of the greatest gifts the Mexican culture has bestowed upon us Americans, is our namesake, the Margarita. There are so many unique recipes for margaritas these days so this is a great way for you and your friends to step outside of your comfort zone and try new ones. Serving on the rocks is the easiest and most popular margarita these days. Be sure to cut up lime wedges ahead of time, salt glasses, so they are ready to go! We'd recommend these margarita ideas and don’t forget the salt and extra limes: http://theeverygirl.com/how-to-create-the-perfect-margarita-bar
We draped the table with this handwoven yellow striped cloth and at each place setting lay little market fair trade rainbow placemats, Hand-painted Tunisian plate, and bright pink napkins. We took the table a step further with mini sombreros, gold cactus candles, and avocado halves to add some more dimension and accents to the layout. We’d recommend the following for table decor:
- Taco Bar - eliminate the heavy lifting by having your guest serves themselves by creating a taco bar
- Color is critical for Cinco de Mayo - the more color, the better. Brightly colored serapes or mexican blankets make the perfect tablecloth for this occasion.
- Potted Succulents add an authentic southwestern touch, or vibrant blooms in small vases work well too
- Mini Sombrero hats scattered or at each table setting add a fun and cute touch for your guest
Don’t forget to have fun and relax - you’ve done all the hard work already! Once everyone has arrived treat yourself with a Marg and enjoy the good company and tacos!
- Yellow Striped Tablecloth: Little Market
- Rainbow Placemats: Little Market
- Hand Painted Floral Dinner Plate: the Little Market
- Wood Serving Trays: The Little Market
- It’s Tequila Time Signage: Bando
- Pink Sign Board: Bando Wood
- Mini Sombreros: Etsy
- Cactus Candles & Shot Glasses: Etsy
- Taco Bout A Party Sign: Etsy
- Chair Blankets: Gunn & Swain
Photography by: Torrey Fox
Styling By: Jennifer Nordine